Orange Juice Recipes
Orange is a citrus fruit. Orange juice can be obtained either by squeezing with hands or by blending it. The pH of orange juice is acidic; ranges from 3.3 to 4.2. It has many varieties. The varieties of orange are blood orange, navel orange, valencia orange, clementine, and tangerine.
- 50 calories
- protein 0.8g
- carbohydrates 5g;
- fat 0.2g
- sodium 1.1mg.
Apple Orange Juice Recipe:
- 1 Apple
- 2 Oranges
- 2 teaspoon honey(optional)
- ½ to ¾ cup water
1) Orange Juice Recipe With Blender:
- Take an apple and cut it into large pieces.
- Remove the core of the apple.
- Now, take oranges and cut them into halves.
- Now remove the seeds and peel them.
- Squeeze out the orange juice using the juicer.
- Add a ½-¾ cup of water, apple pieces, orange pieces (or squeezed juice from the juicer) into the blender.
- Turn on the blender machine and blend it until it becomes smooth.
- Take mesh strainer and place it over a blender.
- Pour the juice on it.
- Use a spoon and press the puree gently.
- Repeat the process until all the juice is squeezed out of the pulp.
- Throw the pulp to get rid of it.
- Now add honey to the apple orange juice.
- Drink it promptly for the best results.
2) Orange Juice Recipe With Juicer:
- Cut the apple as directed above.
- Remove the core.
- Peel the oranges and separate them.
- Put orange and apple pieces alternatively into the juicer.
- Collect the juice and discard the pulp.
Orange Juice Recipe :
- Peel the oranges and place the segments in a blender jar or a mixie jar.
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice This is an optional step that you can skip if you prefer.
- Mix on low to medium speed for a few seconds, or until the mixture becomes pulpy and the oranges are crushed. We just need to crush the segments, not the seeds, so don’t mix too much.
- Over a bowl or tub, place a juice strainer. Load the orange juice into the strainer.
- With the aid of a spoon, strain the juice. Continue pressing and rotating the spoon to ensure that all of the juice is squeezed thoroughly.
- After all of the juice has been strained, you should only have the stringy orange pulp left.
- In the bowl or tub, the juice will be stored. Sugar, honey, or jaggery can be added to the juice to sweeten it if desired.
- Serve orange juice straight away in bottles.
Carrot Orange Juice Recipe:
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small nectarine (pit removed)
- 1 small apple (cored and quartered)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger (peeled)
- 4-6 whole carrots (peeled/tops removed)
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh mint (optional)
- 1-2 cups filtered water
Directions Of Orange Juice Recipes:
- If you’re using a juicer, combine all of the ingredients in the juicer and press (omit water). If you don’t have a blender, squeeze the orange and lemon juice into a blender because the pulp can make juicing more difficult.
- Add the nectarine, apple, ginger, carrots, and mint after that (optional). Fill with filtered water (start with a small amount), cover, and blend until smooth. You don’t want the juice to get too hot in your blender, so don’t over-blend it – it shouldn’t take more than 30 seconds.
- Pour the juice and pulp over a clean, thin towel draped over a large mixing bowl. Then gather the corners and begin squeezing the juice out of the pulp. Squeeze until all of the juice has been extracted.
- Enjoy the juice while it is still fresh. Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days, though the first 12 to 24 hours are best for mineral and vitamin content.
Benefits Of Orange Juice Recipe:
Vitamin C is crucial for the immune system. A strong dose of vitamin C keeps the immune system healthy. It helps to counter cold and infections. Orange juice is a rich source of vitamin C. Orange promotes the growth of tissue because it contains ascorbic acids.
Digestive problems arise due to insufficient acid levels, poor diet, or Gastrointestinal tract infections. This causes indigestion and it leads to acid reflux, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and other complications. To promote digestion, we need to increase acidity levels.
The level of acidity can be increased after consuming orange juice. Orange also contains fiber, which is absorbed by our body. It also has a diverse range of natural acids particularly citric acid and ascorbic acid.
It should be consumed 15 minutes before eating because it stimulates gastric juices or lowers pH. The regular consumption of orange juice should be increased gradually, and not abruptly. Otherwise, it can cause diarrhea due to fiber spikes.
The orange juice is contraindicated if an individual is experiencing acid reflux. So, it will be wise to consult a physician if an individual has some physiological issues.
Prevents Kidney Stones:
Kidney stones are small and are formed as a result of an accumulation of minerals in the kidneys. Kidney stones are formed when calcium and oxalate ions combine. It happens due to an imbalance in the levels of calcium and oxalate. The symptoms of kidney stones are severe pain, nausea, or blood in the urine.
Consuming orange juice can increase the pH of urine, making it alkaline. The research shows that having high pH can prevent kidney stone formation. Even researches show that orange juice is more effective than lemonade for the prevention of kidney stone formation.
Quantitative research shows that people who consumed orange juice daily had a 12% less chance of developing kidney stones than those who consumed less than once a week.
According to the book “Healing Foods” by DK Publishing, orange juice has a high concentration of citrate. It means drinking orange juice can help in the breakdown of calcium oxalate stone formation.
Although the juice is sweet it has a low glycemic index and fat. Due to this property, it is employed in the diet chart of weight loss programs. It would be best to make the juice at home because bottled orange juices have added sugar.
Nutritionists suggest eating orange rather than juice because juicing will cause loss of weight-loss-friendly fibers. Eating a whole orange would help retain fibers, and making full for a longer time.
Improves Heart Health:
The juice is also very good for the maintenance of the health of the heart. The juice has many flavonoids and one of them is Hesperidin. It has the potential to reduce the symptoms of hypertension.
Fiber and other compounds in juice slow down the process of hardening arteries. It can also remove bad cholesterol from the body. Vitamin B9 and folate in orange promote blood circulation and aids in the production of Red Blood Cells.
Drinking orange juice regularly may be beneficial to your skin. Orange juice is high in antioxidants, particularly vitamin C, which is essential for fighting free radical activity. Free radical activity will cause the skin to become dull and wrinkled, as well as accelerate the aging process.
Oranges contain vitamins C and E, which assist in the regeneration of skin cells. This assists in the removal of scarring caused by blackheads and spots.
Furthermore, restoring damaged cells, these properties may reduce the effects of sunburn. When the skin is mildly burned, drinking orange juice recipe helps it recover faster.
A significant number of studies have shown the benefits of citric acids. Orange juice is rich in these nutrients and, when eaten daily, can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Furthermore, oranges are effective at removing impurities and contaminants from your body and skin.
Mix orange juice with other citrus fruits like lemon or mandarin to improve its anti-aging properties. Grapefruit and limes are also excellent alternatives to traditional orange juice.
Flavonoids including hesperidin and anthocyanins are abundant in oranges. Oranges are also high in antioxidants, making them essential in natural healing processes. These may help prevent heart attacks and assist in the regeneration of damaged cells.
As a result, orange juice is beneficial during the healing period following an infection or surgery. It can assist in the regeneration of skin, hair, and bone cells.
Lower Cholesterol Levels:
Long-term intake of orange juice has been shown to reduce cholesterol levels in adults. Orange juice recipe, like other high-fiber foods like oatmeal, aids in the reduction of LDL cholesterol. Although it is rational to conclude that 5 to 10 grams of soluble fiber can yield measurable results, there are other variables to consider.
To lower your cholesterol to a normal level, you must combine a high-fiber diet with exercise and healthy eating. It can also help to keep the cardiovascular system in good condition. The soluble fiber in oranges helps to flush out excess cholesterol.
Inflammation is our immune system’s natural response to a disease or infection. However, if this occurs for a prolonged period, it may lead to chronic diseases.
In this situation, taking medicinal and anti-inflammatory drugs for an extended period will affect your overall health. Switching to natural remedies and medicines that also deliver nutrients to the body is a good option. Orange juice can be a natural anti-inflammatory alternative to over-the-counter pain relievers.
Tri recipes provide fresh and healthy juices. If you want to lead a healthy life, you must eat healthily and drink fresh juices. I will provide a fantastic resource for balanced juice recipes.